1. Good Food: From hang out neighborhood restaurants such as Barcelonetta, Standard, Call me Gaby to food halls at La Centrale, Casa Tua or 1800 lucky to luxury restaurants such as Cecchoni, Juvia and Smith and Wollensky.
2. Weather: Which other city has at least 8 months of perfect weather? Despite the hot and humid summer months which will be soon forgotten, I enjoy wearing sandals all year round and being outdoors most of the times.
3. Mood: This one goes hand in hands with the previous one but I still wanted to underline it since the mood of a city influences your mood. A lot of happy vacationers, a lot of latin vibes and you just want to embrace the day when you wake up.
4. No State or city taxes: Money doesn't bring happiness but it does contribute...
5. Ocean: I can't even remember the last time I swam in the ocean in Miami but I still enjoy seeing it, breathing it and jogging along it.
6. Multiculturalism: How boring would it be to leave in a city where everyone looks alike, speaks the same language and votes for the same president !
7. Events : The winter months bring with them plethora of activities starting from Art Basel to the boat show to Cirque du Soleil to Broadway shows, to the Miami Tennis Open just to name a few
8. Magnet : Say to someone that you live in Miami and they will soon be visiting you !
9. Travel: Fast access to the Miami International Airport makes your life and travels a lot easier
10. Lush vegetation: Aren't you mesmerized by the colorful bougainvilleas, the romantic Banyan trees on Old Cutler Road, the orchids, the hibiscus, and the majestic Royal Poincianas.? If I had to envision the garden of Eden it would be the Fairchild Botanical Garden.
Lobster Shack- Best lobster best price
Trump tax cuts has positive impact on sales
My long time friends Jose and Julie had been living in New York for 7 years. While vacationing at my place for New Year's Eve they started considering Miami as their primary residence. Why? Well taxes and quality of life.
My friends are not the only ones to consider moving to Florida after receiving their 2018 tax bill. Ultra wealthy buyers living in high tax states such as Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, California and Illinois are establishing their primary residence in Florida. These states have income taxes from 8.8% to 13.3%. When you are a top earner it makes a huge difference.
Lower property taxes also play a role in the decision making. in Florida, property taxes which are on average about 2% of the assessed value are among the lower rates in the country.
So what do you have to do to become a "tax refugee"?
You have to provide proof that your primary residence is in Florida and that you are not spending more than 180 days a year in your previous state. You also have to get a Florida's driving license (that took my friend only a few hours). And last but not least you have to pull the trigger and call me to start house hunting.
10 reasons why I love Miami
Some friends ask me why I am successful in real estate. My response is that anyone can sell what they love, they just need to find out what it is. So here is a recap of what I love about Miami.
The South of Fifth neighborhood is famous for it's delicious but expensive restaurant so it's a breath of fresh air when you decide to eat at The Lobster Shack. Located at the steps of the Continuum, one of the most luxurious condos in Miami, this eatery is simple, fresh and laid back.
Open for lunch and dinner, they offer lobster tacos, lobster sandwiches/rolls as well as a exquisite clam chowder, oysters, and salads.
You can enjoy a Maine Lobster for $29 and a pound of King crab for $39.
No need to put your high heals... this is a very laid back eatery.
Top 5 events in September
September is a slow month so no excuse to miss any of these events !
Miami Spice: Aug 1 to Sept 30
Foodies, rejoice ! Its time to enjoy three-course meal for a fraction of the normal price. In fact, all restaurants that are participating in this event are offering $23 for brunch, $23 for lunch and $39 for dinner
Sea Turtles Nesting
Sea Turtles nesting season is here.Watch a hatching release and learn more about sea turtles through the Nightime Hathcing prg. Tickets are $10.
Sting and Shaggy concert: Sept 15th
Enjoy the kickoff of the North American tour at the Jackie Gleason theatre in South Beach. Pop and reggae music from their 44/876 new album which enhances their deep love of the Jamaican culture.
Cristina Aguilera concert: Sept 25th
Join the fans at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. After a 6 years break she is coming out with a new album Liberation
South Florida Orchid show: Sept 29th -30th
Held at the University of Miami Watsco Center